The Development Committee
of the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Foundation is responsible for directing the organization of the Foundation's fundraising efforts.
The objectives of the Development Committee include:
- identifying and prioritizing a list of corporate sponsors for the SAEM Foundation;
- working with the Program Committee to explore options for fundraising events at the SAEM Annual Meeting to benefit the Foundation;
- compiling an ask list for corporate or individual giving;
- working with AACEM to encourage all department chairs to contribute at the $1000 level annually;
- creating an emeritus fund for former academic chairs and past Board members, using such strategies as waiving membership dues and granting full membership rights to those who contribute $1000;
- working with the Resident and Student Advisory Committee and the Simulation Academy to design a fundraising event for the SAEM Foundation focused on SimWars.
Chair: William Barsan, MD
Board Liaison: Ian B.K. Martin, MD