The Operations Interest Group came as a merger of the Crowding Interest Group and the Clinical Directors Interest Group. Realizing that operations research is only as effective as the ability to implement its findings, the two groups merged in May 2013 in an effort to continue to drive the science of delivering emergency care forward. With both those who study the delivery of care and those who lead the day-to-day operations together, the group believes that it can better further the mission of SAEM to "lead the advancement of emergency care through education and research…”
The goals of the Operations Interest Group are to:
- Mission: To improve the science and delivery of emergency medicine.
- Vision: Advancing the quality and safety of emergency care while improving the value of care delivery through producing synergy in collaborations amongst academic emergency operations leaders and researchers.
- Conduct regularly schedule Operations IG conference calls to foster collaboration and exchange of ideas.
- Encourage the participation of the leadership and membership of clinical operations oriented groups within emergency medicine.
- Continue the Topic-Focused Calls series to explore the potential impact of important operation-oriented studies on ED system-level practice change.
Co-Chairs: Benjamin A. White, MD
Maya Yiadom, MD
Board Liaison: Ian B.K. Martin, MD, MBA, FACEP