The Faculty Development Committee
works to achieve objectives set forth by the president of SAEM for the development of tools and techniques to assist academic faculty physicians throughout the course of their careers.
The objectives of the Faculty Development Committee include:
- developing the template for a College of Educators for SAEM, to become a central resource for faculty engaged in education research and scholarship;
- defining the educational benchmarks needed for College of Educator members at each tier of college membership;
- exploring a tiered certificate program for education in specific content areas such as Instruction and Assessment; Teaching/Implementing Innovation; Educational Research; Leadership and Administration;
- developing a business model for this certificate program;
- developing a five-year plan for the previously established SAEM leadership development course.
Chair: Brian Clyne, MD
Board Liaison: James F. Holmes, Jr, MD, MPH