The Finance Committee
is responsible for overseeing SAEM’s financial operations and providing input into the sound fiscal management of the Society through monthly financial review, financial policy updates, and budgetary oversight. The committee reviews and makes recommendations to the Board on the annual budget, capital expenditures, and special projects. Objectives
Chair: Kevin Kotkowski, MD
- Review monthly financial data for SAEM.
- Review the financial data for SAEM Foundation and AACEM quarterly.
- Review the annual SAEM, SAEMF, and AACEM budgets.
- Perform an annual review of SAEM financial policies.
- Review the annual audit for SAEM and SAEMF.
- Participate in the review of and make recommendations on investment portfolios and policies for SAEM, SAEM Foundation, and AACEM to the respective Boards and Executive Committees.
- Evaluate annual financial performance markers and minimum limits, including operational margin, cash position, capital/debt ratio, etc., for SAEM, SAEM Foundation, and AACEM.
- In collaboration with the Membership Committee (Finance Committee lead), review and make recommendations to the SAEM Board regarding membership dues and meeting registration fees, taking into account membership projections.
- Review and make recommendations to the SAEM Board on fees for new and current products, consultations, and other services. (In conjunction with the Education Committee, Consultations Committee, etc., respectively.)
- Advise SAEM Board on opportunities for new revenue generation and/or cost-cutting for the Society.
- Evaluate and provide report to SAEM Board on the past year experience with the Project Proposal Submission Form.
- Establish and implement a leadership succession and mentorship plan for future leaders of the Committee. Special attention should be given to increasing the diversity of committee leadership.
- Execute other objectives as identified by the SAEM Board.
Board Liaison: James F. Holmes, Jr., MD, MPH
Staff Liaison: Megan Schagrin, MBA
Staff Liaison: Doug Ray, MBA