The Finance Committee
is responsible for overseeing SAEM's financial operations.
The objectives of the Finance Committee include:
- providing updated financial information about SAEM at least annually to the Web Editorial Board for website posting;
- submitting two financial progress reports, due in September and February;
- assisting in the preparation of the annual SAEM budget by making recommendations to the Board of Directors (BOD);
- ensuring that monthly financial statements capture and reflect the financial activities and performance of SAEM;
- reviewing and making recommendations to the BOD for budget modifications;
- compiling a manual for the BOD on financial due diligence for national societies;
- working with the Web Editorial Board and Program Committee to develop a proposal for remote learning associated with the Annual Meeting (e.g., podcasts for revenue).
Chair: Martin Reznek, MD, MBA, FACEP
Board Liaison: Steven B. Bird, MD