The mission of the Evidence Based Healthcare and Implementation (EBHI) Interest Group is the applied concept of merging healthcare professional expertise, research, and patient priorities/circumstances via a defined process of finding, appraising, and employing clinical science at the bedside. The interest group provides a network of expertise from the emergency medicine resident to the seasoned investigator, which serves as a forum for research, education, and clinical practice.
- Increase the discussion and work on Knowledge Translation/Implementation Science. Specific areas include:
- Explore the possibility of applying for SAEM funds for the KTAF (Knowledge Translation to Action Fellowship)
- Posting local implementation pathways to facilitate similar improvements elsewhere
- Continue to increase use of internet and social media platforms for the IG. Specific areas include:
- Working with SAEM to develop IG member biographies to post
- Developing an online space to share best practice pathways (as noted above)
- Engage membership more regularly, specifically though regular conference calls
- Currently scheduled for the 2nd Tuesday of the month.
Chair: Bryan Kane, MD
Board Liaison: Angela M. Mills, MD