The mission of the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Interest Group is to improve pediatric emergency care through training, education, and collaboration between academic general and pediatric emergency medicine specialists.
The goals of the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Interest Group are to:
- Encourage pediatric-specific submissions (including didactic, abstracts, IGNITE, or innovations) for SAEM20 by the pediatric EM interest group members and the pediatric EM community-at-large through:
- dissemination of information about SAEM meeting program and format
- identification of potential speakers and topics
- input and suggestions to the SAEM program planning committee
- submission deadlines reminders to the group list serve
- Collaborate with other organizations and stakeholders to help develop and/or edit already existing pediatric-specific learning modules, consensus best practice dissemination, and other educational content aimed at trainees and pediatric EM providers.
- Generate nominations for the research and teaching awards in pediatric EM for SAEM20.
Benefits of Membership: The SAEM PEM Interest Group is comprised of a wide array of EM practitioners with an interest in PEM, including many young, energetic members of the field. Contributions via the PEM Interest Group have great potential for impact among the general EM community, both at the annual meeting and in practice.
Chair: Mohsen Saidinejad, MD, MBA
Board Liaison: Angela M. Mills, MD
Staff Liaison: George Greaves