The Academy for Women in Academic Emergency Medicine (AWAEM) was established in 2009 to promote the recruitment, retention, advancement and leadership of women in academic emergency medicine. The success of academic emergency medicine and the ability of the specialty to train future emergency physicians are intrinsically linked with the success of women faculty as they now represent half of the medical student body and almost half of physicians.
| Click here to join us today!
||Why Join AWAEM?
- Take part in peer-to-peer and mentor networks, both regionally and nationally
- Have the opportunity to collaborate on educational initiatives, develop policy, and perform gender-specific research
- Speak with a unified voice, both within EM and to outside organizations
- Enjoy a bimonthly newsletter consistently read by over 90% of members
- Get involved in our active committees
- Access a library of invaluable resources on a wide variety of topics, including work-life balance, career decisions, leave policies, leadership, and so much more!
2020-2021 AWAEM Executive Committee
President: Tracy E. Madsen, MD, ScM
Immediate Past-President: Pooja Agrawal, MD, MPH
President-Elect: Devjani Das, MD
Secretary: Valerie Dobiesz, MD, MPH
Treasurer: Amy Zeidan, MD
VP Corporate Development: Neha Raukar, MD, MS
VP Membership and Engagement: Lexie Mannix
VP Education: Kat Ogle
VP Communications: Michelle P. Lin, MD, MPH, MS
Resident Member: Taylor Stavely
Board Liaison: James F. Holmes, MD, MPH
Staff Liaison: Holly Byrd-Duncan, MBA
AWAEM Past Presidents
Kinjal Sethuraman, MD, MPH University of Maryland School
Basmah Safdar, MD Associate Prof Emergency Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine
Stacey Poznanski, DO Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine
Susan Watts, PhD Texas Tech University
Esther Choo, MD, MPH Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital
Gloria Kuhn, DO, PhD Wayne State University
Stephanie Abbuhl, MD University of Pennsylvania
Kathleen Clem, MD Loma Linda University School of Medicine
Michelle D. Lall, MD Emory University School of Medicine
Pooja Agrawal, MD, MPH Yale University School of Medicine