The mission of the Critical Care Medicine (CCM) Interest Group will be to create a forum for academic physicians with specialized training or interest in Critical Care Medicine to share their expertise and interests, mentor junior faculty members, advocate for our field, and enhance our knowledge via education and research.
The objectives of the Critical Care Medicine Interest Group include:
- Promote research collaborations amongst members.
- Develop collaboration for funding mechanisms that enable members to obtain research grants that further the field of EM-critical care medicine.
- Provide mentorship for fellows and junior faculty and assist with faculty development.
- Provide mentorship for residents and medical students interested in EM-critical care medicine.
- Submit critical care medicine interest group updates to the SAEM newsletter, to help educate SAEM members about important developments in our field.
Chair: Peter Hou, MD
Board Liaison: Angela M. Mills, MD
Staff Liaison: Marisol Navarro