The mission of the Critical Care (CC) Interest Group is to create a forum for academic physicians with specialized training or interest in Critical Care to share their expertise and interests, mentor junior faculty members, advocate for our field, and enhance our knowledge via education and research.
The objectives of the Critical Care Interest Group include:
- Promote the leadership roles of EM Critical Care physicians at the institution, region, and national level
- Develop leadership activities for EM Critical Care physicians
- Help define the roles and benefits of EM Critical Care physicians in Emergency Departments in the context of the emerging shifts in the Emergency Medicine workforce environment and projected surpluses
- Submit critical care medicine interest group updates to the SAEM newsletter, to help educate SAEM members about important developments in our field.
- Continue to submit CCIG sponsored didactics to the national SAEM meeting to promote critical care knowledge among emergency physicians
Chair: Gregory Wu, MD
Board Liaison: Jeff Druck, MD
Staff Liaison: Kar Corlew