The mission of the Trauma Interest Group is to promote the development of skills and knowledge of faculty engaged in trauma management, support trauma research and education as scholarly activities within academic promotion and tenure criteria, and to provide academic emergency physicians involved in trauma quality management an opportunity and forum for networking. Medical students and residents interested in trauma are encouraged to join and participate.
Recent objectives of the Trauma Interest Group include:
- establishing relationships among members that promote ongoing sharing of clinical expertise and collaboration on trauma research;
- promoting ongoing multicenter trauma research.
The goals of the Trauma Interest Group are to:
- Establish relationships among members that promote ongoing sharing of clinical expertise and collaboration on trauma research.
- Discuss recent trauma research topics through invited speakers at our trauma interest group meetings.
- Promoting SAEM didactics focused on the area of trauma.
- Encouraging writing of "Trauma Reports" in the Journal of Emergency Medicine to help expand and develop the trauma literature.
- Promoting ongoing multicenter trauma research spearheaded by trauma interest group members.
Chair: Michael Jones, MD
Board Liaison: Ali S. Raja, MD
Staff Liaison: Melissa McMillian, CAE, CNP