The Social Media Committee
collaborates with SAEM members to achieve objectives in the development and management of the Society's online presence and social networking campaigns. Objectives
- Create guidelines on how to be an active social media promoter of SAEM. Create quarterly scorecard to determine how well social media committee members are actively promoting SAEM through social media.
- Disseminate online instructions (primer/tips/tricks) on how SAEM members can best use social media to promote scholarly content.
- Assist in dissemination of all SAEM podcasts.
- In collaboration with Program Committee (Social Media Committee lead), create “Meet, Greet and Tweet” Session at SAEM20.
- Execute “5 questions” program for highlighting SAEM members throughout year.
- Develop a social media strategy for SAEM20 targeting specific didactics to maximize attendance/engagement.
- In collaboration with the Awards Committee (Awards Committee lead), review and implement the pre-award outreach strategy to publicize and solicit nominations and/or applications for awards. Special attention should be given to increasing the diversity of the slate of nominees for SAEM and RAMS awards.
- In collaboration with the Awards Committee (Awards Committee lead), assist in the development of a post-award publicity strategy, to include:
- contacting the chair, and where possible, contact media outreach department at the home institution of each awardee;
- using SAEM’s social media platforms and activities at SAEM’s annual meeting to publicize names and brief characteristics of awardees.
- In collaboration with Research Committee (Research Committee lead), develop and implement a strategy to highlight SAEM members receiving federal (especially NIH) grants, SAEM grants, and major publications.
- In collaboration with Web Evolution Committee (Social Media Committee lead), collaborate on ideas for improving SOAR.
- With Web Evolution Committee, develop a plan for a potential merger of Social Media and Web Evolution Committees into a new “Virtual Relevance” Committee to align with new SAEM strategic plan.
- Establish and implement a leadership succession and mentorship plan for future leaders of the potentially merged “Virtual Relevance” Committee. Special attention should be given to increasing the diversity of committee leadership.
- Execution of other objectives as identified by the SAEM Board.
Chair: Ryan LaFollette, MD
Board Liaison: Christopher L. Bennett, MD, MA
Staff Liaison: Stacey Roseen
Staff Liaison: Nick Olah