The Bylaws Committee is responsible for studying the potential merits, adverse consequences and legal implications of all proposed amendments or changes in the bylaws and report their findings and recommendations to the Board prior to formal consideration of the proposed changes by the membership.
- Review the SAEM bylaws. Make recommendations to the SAEM Board if it is determined that updates are needed to align with the current role of the Society and/or long-term future based on the SAEM strategic plan. A
- With the CEO, review the succession plan for SAEM officer positions and, if needed, make recommendations to the SAEM Board on succession policy. A
- Review the SAEM conflict of interest policy and, if needed, make recommendations to the SAEM Board on recommended changes. A
- Establish and implement a leadership succession and mentorship plan for future leaders of the Committee. Special attention should be given to increasing the diversity of committee leadership. F
- Execute other objectives as identified by the SAEM Board.
Chair: Jason Hoppe, DO
Board Liaison: Michelle D. Lall, MD
Staff Liaisons: Kat Nagasawa, MBA
Megan Schagrin, MBA, CAE, CFRE
A - Present to SAEM Board only
F - Written plan to SAEM President-Elect