The Membership Committee
is responsible for ensuring that SAEM meets the growing and changing needs of its members. The committee additionally strives to increase Society membership of academic EM faculty and residents, as well as of allied health care professionals. Objectives
- In collaboration with the Finance Committee (Finance Committee lead), review and make recommendations to the SAEM Board regarding membership dues and meeting registration fees, taking into account membership projections.
- Establish formal collaboration with RAMS to grow medical student and resident membership within SAEM.
- Collaborate with SAEM staff to inventory, update, and create new member e-products.
- Create process to follow up with lapsed residency and faculty group memberships and provide annual report to SAEM Board.
- Approximate the number of potential members at the resident, fellow, and faculty levels.
- Prioritize existing strategies, and develop new strategies to maximize membership among individuals contemplating or involved in careers in academic Emergency Medicine at each level.
- Create a plan for attracting pediatric EM physicians to become SAEM members.
- Advise the SAEM Board regarding key, emerging membership-related opportunities and challenges.
- Develop and present to the SAEM Board, a plan for engaging other SAEM Academies, committees, and/or interest groups to recruit new and retain current SAEM members.
- Establish and implement a leadership succession and mentorship plan for future leaders of the Committee. Special attention should be given to increasing the diversity of committee leadership.
- Execute other objectives as identified by the SAEM Board.
Chair: Martin Reznek, MD, MBA
Board Liaison: Ian B.K. Martin, MD, MBA
Staff Liaison: Holly M. Byrd-Duncan, MBA
Staff Liaison: George Greaves