The mission of the Evidence Based Healthcare and Implementation (EBHI) Interest Group is the applied concept of merging healthcare professional expertise, research, and patient priorities/circumstances via a defined process of finding, appraising, and employing clinical science at the bedside. The interest group provides a network of expertise from the emergency medicine resident to the seasoned investigator, which serves as a forum for research, education, and clinical practice.
- Advertise and award the Rakesh Engineer Award to an outstanding presentation related to Implementation Science at the SAEM annual conference, with the first award to be awarded at SAEM22.
- Engage the membership regularly and broaden the active core group through mentorship and collaboration for junior members.
- Increase use of social media and internet platforms to improve the visibility of the IG and its members as well as to disseminate best practices.
- Initiate collaboration with the Research and Scholarly Innovation group through ACEP.
- Continue focus on inter-institutional collaboration on journal clubs and scholarly projects, including original research or systematic reviews.
- Sponsor high-quality didactic submissions to the SAEM annual meeting.
Rakesh Engineer Award
The SAEM EBHI IG will be awarding the first annual Engineer Award at the SAEM Annual Meeting 2022! Eligible submissions are abstracts accepted to the annual meeting that focus on implementation science. The deadline is March 31, 2022. Details can be found here: Engineer Award
To apply, click here: Apply for SAEM EBHI Engineer Award
If you have questions, please email the EBHI Chair, Carly Eastin (email@example.com)
Chair: Carly Eastin, MD
Board Liaison: Pooja Agrawal, MD, MPH
Staff Liaison: John Landry, MBA