The mission of the Evidence Based Healthcare and Implementation (EBHI) Interest Group is the applied concept of merging healthcare professional expertise, research, and patient priorities/circumstances via a defined process of finding, appraising, and employing clinical science at the bedside. The interest group provides a network of expertise from the emergency medicine resident to the seasoned investigator, which serves as a forum for research, education, and clinical practice.
- Represent SAEM in recommending high quality, high impact manuscripts to ABEM for the ABEM Key Advances.
- Support and assist with dissemination and implementation strategies for the SAEM GRACE Guidelines.
- Sponsor high-quality didactic submissions to the SAEM annual meeting.
- Sponsor the Rakesh Engineer Award, to be given to an outstanding presentation related to Implementation Science at the SAEM annual conference.
- Engage the membership regularly and broaden the active core group through mentorship and collaboration for junior members.
- Collaborate with other national EM organizations and/or relevant interest groups.
- Continue focus on inter-institutional collaboration on journal clubs and scholarly projects, including original research or systematic reviews.
Chair: Carly Eastin, MD
Board Liaison: Michelle D. Lall, MD, MHS
Staff Liaison: Dometrise Hairston