The mission of the Palliative Medicine
Interest Group is to develop and share educational and assessment tools for medical student and resident education in dealing with the needs of patients and families in end-of-life (EOL) and palliative care
The objectives of the Palliative Medicine Interest Group are to:
- Create a didactic presentation proposal surrounding palliative care issues to be submitted for SAEM20.
- Continue the process of laying out a 5-year longitudinal plan for the palliative care interest group.
- Design a website and content for the palliative care interest group to be hosted on the SAEM website. This content will include an outline of curriculum, a regional speakers bureau, and selected literature resources.
- Work with the ACEP palliative care section on development of a database and linkage resources for mentorship in palliative care teaching, research, and practice.
- Form a research workgroup to strengthen the network of palliative care researchers.
Chair: Marie-Carmelle Elie, MD
Board Liaison: Steven Bird, MD
Staff Liaison: Dan San Buenaventura